The length of time you have been a recipient and your birthdate determine when you will get your 2023 Social Security payment.
Are you anticipating your March Social Security check? It’s headed your way. If you’re wondering how the Social Security Administration chooses when to send out your check, you should know that your date of birth and the length of time you’ve been receiving Social Security influence when it will come.
Throughout the month, the Social Security Administration distributes its checks in waves. Continue reading to learn how your Social Security payment date is determined as well as when you can expect it to arrive.
Read Also: Social Security After Death: All You Need To Know
When will I receive my 2023 Social Security cheque for March?
The following dates indicate when you should get your Social Security check and/or SSI funds in March:
- March 1: SSI benefits for March.
- Social Security payments begin on March 3 for people who receive both SSI and Social Security or have done so since before May 1997.
- Social Security benefits will begin on March 8 for anyone whose birthdays fall between the first and tenth of any given month.
- Social Security payments are due on March 15 for anyone whose birthdays fall on the 11th through the 20th of any given month.
- Social Security benefits begin on March 22 for anyone whose birthdays fall between March 21 and March 31.
- March 31: SSI payouts for April.
When will I receive my 2023 Social Security payments?
Most payments are made by the Social Security Administration on the second, third, and fourth Wednesdays of each month. The day you get your check depends on when you were born.
- If your birth is between the first and 10th of the month, your pay will be sent on the second Wednesday of once a month.
- If your birthday is between the eleventh and twentieth of the month, you will get paid on the third Wednesday of every month.
- If your birthday falls between January 21 and January 31, your payment will be delivered on the fourth Wednesday of that month.
- SSI participants typically receive their payments on the first of every month, with a few exceptions that we discuss below.
Read Also: Social Security Increase 2024: See If It Drops Below 3% Next Year
What happens if I receive both SSI and 2023 Social Security?
The payment schedule is different if you earned 2023 Social Security payments before to May 1997 or if you receive both Social Security and SSI. You will now get your 2023 Social Security payment on the third day of each month and your SSI payment on the first day of each month rather than on a Wednesday.
If the first or third of the month comes on a weekend or a holiday, those payment dates are altered. SSI participants receive their April payments a day early on March 31 and their 2023 Social Security payment on April 3, for example, because April 1 occurs on a Saturday this year.
What happens if my check doesn’t arrive on schedule?
The Social Security Administration advises waiting three more mailing days before getting in touch if, due to your birth date or other circumstances, your check doesn’t arrive on the day specified above.
Call 800-772-1213 to talk with a representative if you still haven’t gotten it. (The SSA points out that wait times are shorter on Wednesday through Friday and in the late afternoon on workdays.)
Also, you have online access to your 2023 Social Security benefits.
It’s the Third Wednesday of the Month – See Who’s Eligible for the Social Security Check
Double the Benefits: March’s Social Security Benefits Eligibility and Amount Explained