September 18, 2019
  • 8:47 am John Zaring | The Rational Center: Why Trump Will Lose in a Historic Landslide!
  • 5:25 pm
  • 10:10 am From the Publisher: A Quick Anniversary Update
  • 10:30 am Coast Guard veteran Eric Ohlsen to challenge Assemblymember Tom Lackey
  • 11:00 am Black ‘N Blue fights to break The SCV Curse
Photo courtesy of the California Nurses Association.

After a lengthy negotiation process and even a strike notice, the registered nurses at Henry Mayo Newhall Memorial Hospital voted to ratify a new three year contract with hospital management. “We are pleased that the California Nurses Association has withdrawn its strike notice and that we were able to work together to reach a new […]

READ MORE

After several attempts to renegotiate their contract, no agreement has been reached between the registered nurses at Henry Mayo Newhall Memorial Hospital and the hospital’s administration.

READ MORE
Santa Clarita residents speak during a vigil in honor of those killed in the Christchurch massacre. Chad Kampbell / The Proclaimer

Local residents gathered for a candlelight vigil on Sunday night at Valencia Heritage Park to honor the lives lost in the recent terrorist attack in New Zealand.

READ MORE

Earlier this month, the 7th Annual SCV Charity Chili Cook-Off announced that musician and The Voice contestant Karli Webster, local chef Leslie Kaz, celebrity veterinarian Karen “Doc” Halligan and The Santa Clarita Valley Proclaimer’s own Food Critic (me) have been selected as judges for the event on March 21. In a change of venue from […]

READ MORE

The National Weather Service Los Angeles / Oxnard office is hosting a training on March 13 in Santa Clarita for those interested in volunteering as part of its Storm Spotter program.

READ MORE
A plate of Cathy's Deli Duck Confit Eggs Benedict sits ready to be served. Photo courtesy of Cathy's Deli

Best known for its elaborately flavored coffee creamers and toothsome seasonal jams, Cathy’s Deli has grown under Eric Tovar-Plummer’s stewardship into one of the Santa Clarita Valley’s most distinctive eateries.

READ MORE

I find myself craving soup more than any other dish, regardless of the season. I’m not just talking about a chilly gazpacho in 110-degree heat, either: even during a Santa Clarita summer, nothing seems to hit the spot for me like a giant bowl of liquid goodness. But on those days when I order soup […]

READ MORE
The Old Town Junction's New York Steak dish is garnished with carrots and mushrooms. Chad Kampbell / The Proclaimer

On a sparkly Monday evening just before Christmas, colorful lights deck Newhall’s Main Street and the blocks-long row of restaurants that fill it. It is on this blossoming boulevard that Santa Clarita’s latest contender for your dining dollar has chosen to stage its home base. The Old Town Junction appears on the corner of Market […]

READ MORE

Local arts advocacy nonprofit Arts for Santa Clarita is seeking submissions for its first poetry contest. Formed in 2017, Arts for Santa Clarita seeks to enrich the Santa Clarita community by supporting arts programming, facilities, education and advocacy. This year, Arts for Santa Clarita is launching its first poetry contest to raise awareness of local […]

READ MORE

Santa Clarita is one of 20 cities receiving new grant funds from the Los Angeles County Homeless Initiative and United Way of Greater Los Angeles to help implement the next phase of its plan to address and prevent homelessness.

READ MORE