The universal basic income, also known as ARISE, the pilot in Alexandria, Virginia is giving off $500 every month for two years to those residents who are in need of money.
$500 to be Received by Americans this February
Mayor Justin Wilson said that the city got a total of about 4,149 applicants, he said in a January newsletter.
Of the 4,149 applicants, 170 of those were randomly selected to join and they started getting notified in December.
Mayor Justin Wilson is hoping that the money will help reduce poverty.
Resident must be at least 18 years old to qualify and applications must be passed by the 9th of November.
Americans are to Receive $500 Every Month Starting February
Originally, the primary round of monthly paychecks was made to start going out on the last week of January. But the money will be given off to residents in February, according to the local news outlet the Patch.
The other UBI programs over the country have started and are ready to send out the primary batch of the monthly paychecks in the upcoming weeks.
Meanwhile, Chelsea Eats in Massachusetts is still open for applications for only 1 day or so.
To all applicants, only about 600 or 700 applications will be approved. A resident’s household must have an income less than 30% of the area median.
To Qualify, you must meet these requirements:
- Must be a resident of Coachella, California
- Must be at least 18 years old or older
- Must have a current non-expired government-issued photo ID
- Must have at least one kid under 12 years old who was living in your household in 2021
- Income is less than $75,000 in the year 2021 or has a total household income lower than $150,000 in 2021
- Must have filed a 2019 or 2020 tax return or given the IRS information as a non-filer in 2020 or 2021
Those residents who were approved for the money support should have started getting notifications on Tuesday, 27th of December.